Last Updated on March 17, 2022
11. Chicken Alfredo Tortellini
Alfredo sauce is so freakin' delicious, it always feels like a sin to be eating it, but my entire family loves it! It's so creamy and wonderful. This slow cooker meal serves about 6, so we always have leftovers that are just as good as when they were served right out of the slow cooker.
Easy, creamy & dreamy…
You'll find the cheesy tortellini satisfies a big hunger, when this meal feeds a houseful of guests.
Don't forget to use a slow cooker liner, because it makes clean up so much easier!
For a well-balanced meal, add fresh veggies, roll, and fruit. Then, season with some salt and pepper.
- 3–4 chicken breasts
- 3–4 cups refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 jars alfredo sauce
- Place 3-4 small, thawed chicken breasts into your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 4 hours. Halfway through cooking, add in about 2 jars (approximately 3-4 cups) of alfredo sauce (I like Mario Batali).
- Once cooked, shred the chicken with a fork. It should shred easily right in your slow cooker without having to remove it. Make sure your chicken is fully cooked. Add extra time if not.
- If you're ready to eat, add 3-4 cups of refrigerated cheese tortellini to your slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes. If you're not ready to eat, let the chicken and alfredo sauce rest in the crockpot on your warm setting until you're ready to add the tortellini.
- Serve with salad, veggies, garlic bread, or anything else you'd like!
Add salt, pepper and garlic to taste. I also love red pepper flakes and shredded parmesan!
You can usually find the refrigerated tortellini in the deli or cheese section of most super markets. If you're using frozen tortellini, follow the cooking instructions on the package and boil it until it's about half way done before adding it to your slow cooker.
The sauce tends to brown on the edges especially if you're cooking it on high, so it doesn't hurt to give it a little stir every so often if you're home to do so.
If you have a homemade alfredo sauce you would like to use, go for it!
Spray the inside of your crockpot with cooking spray for easy cleanup.