10. Easy Creamy Mushroom Chicken
Calling all MUSHROOM lovers! This recipe is just too easy to pass up. You can add more or less chicken depending on how many people you’re serving, but it’s also good leftover. I prefer to serve it with wild rice and salad, but it would go well with just about anything.
Calling all mushroom lovers!
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 pint portobello mushrooms, sliced
- seasoning to taste (optional)
- Slice about 1 pint of portobello mushrooms.
- Place 3-4 thawed chicken breasts into your slow cooker.
- Evenly place the sliced mushrooms on top, and then dump in 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours (or HIGH for 4 hours if you’re short on time).
- Serve with rice and/or a side of salad.
- Feel free to coat the chicken with seasoning to taste before adding it to the crockpot. A little bit of salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary are my favorite!
- Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
- You can also use 1 can of cream of mushroom soup in place of the chicken soup.
- Do NOT add water to the soup, just the can as it is or it will be too watery.
- Try using a liner in your crockpot for easier cleanup.