Last Updated on September 12, 2023
5. 3 Ingredient Taco Chicken Crockpot Meal
It's hard to believe that just these 3 ingredients in a slow cooker make super tasty taco chicken, but trust me, this shredded chicken is GOOD! It's also pretty healthy and low in calories, which makes me love it even more.
Delicious on a bed of salad or in tacos…
- 1 Can salsa
- 3–4 Chicken Breasts
- Taco seasoning
- Mix together 1 (16 ounce) jar of salsa and 1-2 tbsps of taco seasoning until well blended.
- Place 3-4 chicken breasts in your slow cooker with the mixture. I like to trim the fat off of the chicken first.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for about 4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Shred the chicken with a fork, and serve in tacos, in a burrito, on top of a salad, on a baked potato, or however you'd like.
You can also make this in a pressure cooker in only 15 minutes! The chicken turns out just as tender, and shreds easily.
You can omit the taco seasoning and still have really tasty chicken.
My family loves this chicken served in soft tacos topped with avocado, lettuce, sour cream and cheese. We usually have leftovers, so I like to eat it on a salad the next day for lunch. It will stay good in the fridge for about 4 days, but it also freezes well.