12. Easy Hawaiian Chicken
As you can probably tell by now, chicken is my favorite thing to make in my slow cooker. It’s just so easy! I don’t think I’ve ever been disappointed with the way it turns out, and this one is just about fail-proof! I love the combination of sweet, salty and tangy, so this hawaiian inspired recipe really hits the spot.
Delicious in tacos or served over rice with veggies…
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- 1 (16oz bottle) hawaiian bbq sauce
- 1 (8oz can) crushed pineapple
- Place 4-6 thawed chicken breasts into your slow cooker and cover with 1 (16oz bottle) of hawaiian BBQ sauce and 1 (8oz can) of drained crushed pineapple.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours or HIGH for 2-3 hours.
- Shred the chicken with a fork while it’s still in the crockpot. It should shred easily.
- Serve in tacos or over rice with veggies. It’s delicious in corn tortillas with avocado, coleslaw and mango salsa.
- Spray the inside of your crockpot with cooking spray for easy cleanup.
- Pineapple chunks can also be used for this recipe, but I prefer the crushed pineapple.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, garlic and/or cayenne.