Last Updated on September 26, 2022
1. The BEST Meatball Appetizer
This 3 ingredient crockpot meal is always a hit at parties! Not only are they incredibly delicious (the perfect combination of sweet, salty and tangy), but they're probably the easiest thing you'll ever throw into your slow cooker. This is one of my go to crockpot meals!
The easiest crowd-pleasing appetizer you'll ever make…
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 3 Hours
- Total Time: About 3 Hours
- 32 oz bag frozen meatballs (I like the Italian Style Beef)
- 18 oz BBQ sauce
- 18 oz grape jelly
- Combine an 18oz bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce with approximately 18oz of grape jelly into your crockpot, and then stir until well combined.
- Add about 50 frozen, fully cooked meatballs to the mixture, and then stir them in until they are well coated.
- Cook on high in your slow cooker for about 3 hours.
Replace the BBQ sauce for Chili Sauce (next to the ketchup in the grocery stores) for a less sweet and more tangy flavor, or consider using a combination of both. A little bit of mustard is also good in the mix to tame the sweetness a bit.
Add Cayenne pepper or hot sauce to kick up the heat factor.
You can use plain or Italian style frozen meatballs for this recipe.
I've found that a thicker BBQ sauce works best (like Sweet Baby Ray's), otherwise the sauce may turn out a bit runnier than desired.
Although I've never tried it, I've read that other flavors of jelly like strawberry or apricot also work well for this recipe.
Try using a liner in your crockpot for easier cleanup.