Last Updated on September 26, 2022
13. Easy Creamy Chicken Crockpot Meal
As you can probably tell by now, chicken is my favorite thing to make in my crockpot. It's just so easy! I don't think I've ever been disappointed with the way it turns out, besides with the addition of cream cheese, it's just about fail-proof!
Again, I love the ability to customize this slow cooker meal with your own choice of veggies, or you can even leave them out, because the cream cheese and Italian seasoning are the base for this recipe.
Delicious slow cooker meal served over rice or pasta…
Easy Creamy Crockpot Chicken
- Prep Time: 10-15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 4-6 Hours
- Total Time: About 6 Hours
- 3 large chicken breasts (depending on size)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 packet of zesty Italian seasoning
- 3–4 cups chopped veggies (broccoli, peppers, mushrooms, onions, etc.)
- 3/4 cup water
- *Optional* Additional seasoning to taste (cayenne, garlic, oregano, etc.)
- Place 3 large chicken breasts into your slow cooker with 3/4 cup water and one packet of zesty Italian seasoning along with any other seasoning of your choice. I sometimes add a little cayenne pepper and fresh garlic, depening on what I have on hand.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours or HIGH for 2-3 hours (adjust times according to your slow cooker as they all vary.)
- Once cooked, shred the chicken with a fork while it's still in the crockpot. It should shred easily.
- Add your chopped veggies and cream cheese to the slow cooker, and mix until well combined with the chicken broth (I like to dice the cream cheese into cubes to make it easier).
- Cook for an additional 15-30 minutes, depending on how soft you like your veggies. You can turn your slow cooker on high at this point to speed up the process.
- Enjoy alone or on a bed of pasta or rice! It's super easy and delicious.
Line or spray the inside of your crockpot with cooking spray for easy cleanup.
If you're in a hurry, you can dice the chicken into bite sized chunks before adding them to the slow cooker. This should cut your cook time down by an hour or so and eliminate the need to shred the chicken.
Season to taste with salt, pepper, garlic and/or cayenne.