Can we talk? – The April Newsletter
Just like last month, we are going to take a moment to “over-share”. If you missed last month’s confession click here.
Ok, here we go with another honest truth uncovered…
True Confessions of a Busy Woman – Truth #3
I throw away (most – but not all!) of my kid’s artwork… Well, actually I don’t just throw it away; I discreetly tri-fold it in alternating angles with the last fold inward, tuck it vertically into the south-east side of the tallest lidded-trash can, triple cross my fingers and hold my breath the next time the lid is opened by my unsuspecting child.
Gasp! How could I? Seriously… I have a 1st grader and a preschooler who weekly bring home enough papers, cards, worksheets, artwork and certificates to argue taping a “report as spam” reply to their backpacks.
Here are the 3 conditions a piece of paper or artwork must meet to be placed in my “save” basket.
- Are the kids proud of it?
- Is it uniquely special to me or my husband?
- Is there space to preserve it or display it?
If it meets all those requirements it is congratulated and placed in the upstairs office. I plan to have the papers completely organized by the time my kids turn fifty. Promise?!?
How do you decide what artwork to keep or toss from your kids/grandkids/nieces/nephews/neighbors? Email us at: [email protected] I’m sure we can relate!
Kids asking – Can I have a snack? Whip this up next time!
Spring Cleaning Tips and Hacks
- Painless Closet Organization and Tax Deductible Donation
- Tips and Tricks to Master Your Closet Organization
- 55+ Must Read Cleaning Tips & Tricks
- Everyday Cleaning Products You Can Make From Home
NEW! Easter Preparations:
- Instant Pot Hardboiled Eggs Recipe
- 18 Creative Easter Basket Alternatives
- Colorful Melted Crayon Hard Boiled Easter Eggs
On the Menu:
We should get together again soon…
Andrea & The Listotic Team
P.S. Check out our previous Newsletter – March 2019