Last Updated on June 11, 2020
Summer has officially arrived! Now that school is out, I find myself just wanting to experiment with easy blender recipes and hang out by the pool. I go through so many frozen bananas, I've been buying them in bulk and then just freezing whatever we don't eat. It's always a disappointment when I open the freezer to find that I've depleted my frozen banana stash– you really can't make a very good healthy treat without them.
Because bananas have such a mild flavor, they are the perfect base for any healthy homemade ice cream or soft serve recipe, and after some experimenting, I've discovered that raspberries are the perfect banana companion– so tasty!! You will be surprised at how creamy and delicious this recipe is.
Because bananas have such a mild flavor, they are the perfect base for any healthy homemade ice cream or soft serve recipe…
- 1 (10 ounce) bag of frozen raspberries (about 3 cups)
- 3 cups of frozen chopped bananas
- 1.5 cups plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Add the frozen raspberries, frozen bananas and almond milk to a high quality blender. Blend for about 5 minutes or until smooth. It should be very thick, so you will need to stir often to get it to blend.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and blend again until everything is mixed well.
- Eat immediately as a soft serve, or place in the freezer in a container with a lid for at least 3 hours (I use a large but shallow plastic storage container). After frozen, It will need to thaw on the counter for 20-30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
You can replace the frozen raspberries for other frozen fruits as well (mango, blueberries, strawberries, etc.).
Fresh lemon juice is a nice addition to this recipe if you appreciate a little bit of tartness in your life.
Top with mini chocolate chips.
We usually enjoy a bit right away as a soft serve, and then place the remaining “ice cream” in the freezer for later.