Easy Hot Bulletproof Coffee
Bulletproof coffee has become extremely popular as a breakfast replacement because it kills cravings, provides energy, and seems to help with mental clarity. It’s also extremely easy for on-th-go! Why not drink your breakfast on the car ride to work?
This drink is high in calories and fat, but low in essential nutrients, so I only drink it a few times a week. It’s an amazing meal replacement when you just don’t have time to make breakfast.
The combination of butter and oil in your coffee may sound strange, but the flavor and consistency is actually quite enjoyable.
This post contains affiliate links. Please see our Disclaimer Policy.
Place all of the ingredients in a blender or Nutribullet and blend until frothy (about 30 seconds). I’ve tried stirring these ingredients together, and it’s just not the same. Trust me, use a blender or a milk frother. 🙂 A milk frother is a great way to avoid dirtying an appliance, but it still makes super creamy bulletproof coffee.
- Start off slow with MCT oil— it’s powerful! It can cause stomach upset if you’re not used to it. I would start off with 1/2 tbsp or less if you are new to it.
- A few other ingredients you might also enjoy in this coffee are heavy whipping cream, vanilla, cinnamon, unsweetened cocoa powder and/or collagen.
- This coffee has about 230 calories without any of the additions, and is obviously high in fat, therefore, it is meant to be enjoyed along with a ketogenic diet. In fact, because of the high fat and calories, you can drink it as a meal replacement. I personally only drink it a few times a week because it is also low on essential nutrients.
Bulletproof Frozen Mocha
Tired of drinking your morning kick-starter hot? Try it in the form of a smoothie! I’m not going to lie, butter and ice are not a match made in heaven, but you can get a nice bulletproof frozen mocha as long as you melt the butter first.
- 8 frozen coffee cubes
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup cold coffee
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp unsalted melted butter
- 1 tbsp MCT oil
- low carb sweetener to taste
Place all of the ingredients in a high powered blender, and blend until smooth. Add more coffee if needed (you can also add unsweetened almond milk or water to thin it out a bit if it’s too thick).
Try adding a tbsp of your favorite protein powder to the mix.
Start freezing your leftover coffee in ice cube trays! You can easily add them to smoothies without watering them down.
Again, start off slow with MCT oil— it’s powerful! It can cause stomach upset if you’re not used to it. I would start off with 1/2 tbsp or less if you are new to it.