This post contains affiliate links. Please see our Disclaimer Policy.
You certainly wouldn’t guess that these tasty little chips were low carb because they’re SO satisfying! If you like crispy cheese, you’re going to love these. And, yes, they’re made with just 2 simple ingredients! In fact, you probably already have both of them on hand.
This is my favorite low carb snack recipe because it actually has a crunch! I might even go as far to say that they’re better than potato chips. Maybe it’s because they don’t have all of the guilt. 🙂
Crispy chips without all of the guilt…
Low Carb Chips Recipe
- 4 egg whites
- approximately 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- seasoning to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a mini muffin pan REALLY well with vegetable or olive oil. You can also use Pam, but personally, I don’t think it works as well.
- Separate 4 egg whites and seasoning of choice into a bowl and whisk well. I just add a pinch of garlic salt and black pepper, and sometimes rosemary!
- Spoon about 1/2 tablespoon of your egg white mixture into each muffin compartment (just until you have a very thin layer covering the bottom). The muffin pan I use has 24 slots, and I find that 3-4 egg whites fills them perfectly. Keep in mind, the thinner you cover the bottom, the crispier your chips will be. If you make it too thick, your chips will only be crispy on the rim, but still really tasty!
- Top each one with a pinch of shredded cheddar cheese. When I’m done, I use a small spatula to make sure none of the cheese is touching the edges for easier clean up. The cheese tends to stick to the sides a bit. The silicone muffin tins are much easier to clean… I’m ordering one pronto. 😉
- Bake for 10-20 minutes or until the edges have browned. Your baking time will depend on how thick your egg mixture is.
- Use a small spatula to remove the chips from the pan. Eat immediately and enjoy!
Inspired by: The Big Apple Mama