If you’re tired of coffee, but still love your afternoon pick-me-up, you will love the combination of a good spicy chai tea blended with heavy cream and almond milk.
Feel free to substitute the low carb sweetener of your choice, and soy or coconut milk in place of the almond milk to make it nut free. You really can’t mess this recipe up!
This high protein tea is the perfect afternoon pick-me up on a low carb diet…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our Disclaimer Policy.
Low Carb Iced Vanilla Caramel Chai Tea Latte
- 1–2 bags of vanilla caramel chai tea
- 1 tbsp zero carb vanilla protein powder (I use Isopure)
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (or unsweetened coconut milk)
- your favorite low carb sweetener to taste (optional)
- dash of cinnamon (optional)
- ice cubes
- Steep the tea bag (or two if you like it spicy) in a mug of hot water for at least 10 minutes. You can also make a pot of tea with several tea bags for later use.
- Meanwhile, add all of your other ingredients into a quart-sized mason jar or large protein shaker bottle and shake well.
- Top with ice, and then pour the tea over top.
- Enjoy! The only carbohydrates in this drink come from the heavy cream and almond milk, which I’m estimating to be a little more than 1 net carb per serving.
Go to Facebook and click the "Visit Group" button.