Last Updated on June 11, 2020
When blackberries are in season, I can't help but stock up on them and throw them in shakes, smoothies and on top of plain greek yogurt. Fortunately, they're available all year round frozen, so you can enjoy this smoothie no matter the season!
This easy low carb blackberry shake/smoothie is sure to appease your belly and your taste buds.
- 1/2 cup frozen blackberries
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (or coconut milk)
- 1 scoop zero carb vanilla protein powder (I use Isopure)
- your favorite low carb sweetener to taste
- 1 tbsp MCT oil (optional)
- 1/2 tsp sugar-free vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 cup or more of ice
Blend everything together in a high powered blender until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!
Frozen mixed berries can also be used in place of the frozen blackberries.