2. Healthy Oat Cookies
That’s right! Just oats and a few ripe bananas are all that’s required for the healthiest cookies on the planet. The bananas make these cookies a surprisingly sweet treat without all of the guilt, and you can customize them to your liking with the mix-ins of your choice.
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- a handful of raisins
- Mash 2 ripe bananas in a bowl, and then mix in about 1 cup of quick oats and a handful of raisins. Don’t add too many raisins or the cookies will fall apart.
- Place about 15 small scoops on a greased or non-stick foiled lined baking sheet (flatten afterwards to form a cookie shape as they will not change shape with baking), and then bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Add cinnamon, salt, walnuts, chocolate chips, coconut flakes, flax seed, nutmeg, honey, vanilla or any other mix-ins of your choice. Just be sure that you don’t mix in too much or the cookies won’t stick together.
- Because the size of bananas can vary, you may need to add in extra oats if your batter seems too runny.
- The riper your bananas, the sweeter your cookies will be.
- These are great for breakfast or after-school snacks! Kids love them.
***UPDATE*** I made these cookies with white chocolate chips, walnuts, and dried cranberries — definitely our favorite so far! The bananas I used were also very large which made a nice crispy crust on the bottom almost like caramel. I think I like them a little more moist after all. Mmmmmm. You can see the pic here.