Last Updated on November 13, 2021
8. Healthy Blueberry Frozen Yogurt
Although the 3 ingredients here are so simple, this frozen yogurt treat is AMAZING! It's also much, much healthier than traditional frozen yogurt or ice cream. Don't be afraid to experiment with other types of frozen fruit for this recipe such as strawberries, mangos or peaches.
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1–2 tbsp sweetener of your choice
- Combine approximately 2 cups of frozen blueberries, 1/2 a cup of plain greek yogurt, and about 1 tbsp of agave nectar, honey or maple syrup in a food processor or high quality blender until smooth. Do a taste test, and add more sweetener if needed. That's it!! Enjoy immediately.
- You can also store it in the freezer in an airtight container to eat later, but it will have to thaw on the kitchen counter for about 30 minutes before eating. It will obviously not have a frozen yogurt like texture after being in the freezer— more of a sorbet or ice cream consistency. Still delish! In fact, you might prefer it that way.
You can replace the blueberries for frozen strawberries, mangos, peaches, pineapple, bananas, or a combination!
This should make about 2 servings, so adjust according to how many servings you would like to make.
Don't be afraid to experiment with different flavors of yogurt (coconut or lime is what I'm thinking!). Keep in mind, If you use a sweetened yogurt you probably won't need to add much sweetener, if any.
Consider topping it with toasted coconut or dark chocolate chips before serving.