Last Updated on June 11, 2020
7. Frozen Yogurt Bark
If you have ever made chocolate bark, then you know just how easy this 3 ingredient recipe is going to be! Only, it's quite a bit healthier and lower in sugar. Yippee! This is an excellent summertime snack to help satisfy a relentless sweet tooth, but you will also find this to be quite enjoyable for breakfast.
- 2 cups greek yogurt (full fat works best)
- 1 cup chopped fresh fruit
- handful of mini chocolate chips
- Line a small baking sheet or shallow dish with parchment paper, wax paper or foil.
- Place about 2 cups of greek yogurt (I use full fat vanilla) in the middle of the dish, and spread it around evenly with a spatula until it's about 1/4 inch thick.
- Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup of chopped strawberries and a handful of mini dark chocolate chips.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours. Once frozen, use a large knife to break it apart, and then store it in a freezer bag.
You can use any flavor of yogurt you would like! I recommend a full fat yogurt because it freezes better and doesn't crystalize as much.
Top with the mix-in's of your choice (dried fruit, raisins, raspberries, chopped nuts, granola, coconut, a drizzle of honey or chocolate, sea salt, etc.). Don't be afraid to experiment! It's part of the fun.
I prefer for the fruit to be finely sliced or chopped so that it's easier to eat.
I find that it's easier to eat if you cut the bark into small pieces because it melts fast!
If you would prefer for it to be a bit sweeter, try mixing in a few tablespoons of honey or maple syrup to the yogurt before you lay it out on your baking sheet.