Strawberries and limes are a marriage made in heaven, especially when blended together into a sweet summer smoothie.
This sweet and citrusy drink will satisfy your sweet tooth and keep you as cool as the other side of your pillow this summer.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our Disclaimer Policy.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- the juice from one large lime
- 1/2 tsp or more of your favorite low carb sweetener
- 1/2 cup or more of cold water
- 1/2 cup ice
Place everything in a high powered blender starting with 1/2 a cup of water, and blend until smooth. Add more water as you go if needed.
- Frozen mixed berries can also be used in place of the strawberries.
- Try using lemon juice instead of lime juice if that’s what you have on hand— hello, strawberry lemonade!
- Although I haven’t tried it, I’m thinking the water could be replaced with vodka. Hmmmm. I’ll update this recipe with the variation once I’ve got it figured out.
- Feel free to add a tbsp of collagen to this recipe for added protein and other health benefits.
- Based on my quick calculations, I’m guessing this recipe has about 13 net carbs per serving. That’s higher than most of the drinks on this list, but worth every. single. one.