Last Updated on July 16, 2021
Apple pie for lazy people like me. 🙂
This cinnamon apple treat is not only as easy as pie, but it tastes just like pie, too! I'm not really sure why that is a figure of speech because pie really isn't that easy… UNLESS, you pop a few ingredients into the microwave, top it with granola or vanilla ice cream, and savor all of the hard work you didn't have to do.
My kids love this super quick and healthy snack. With just a few minutes, we can all be enjoying a slice of heaven with this fall favorite.
Easy Cinnamon Apples
- 1 large green apple
- 2 tbsps of butter
- cinnamon and sugar to taste (about 1 tbsp of sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon)
- granola or ice cream for topping (optional)
- Chop up a green apple into bite-sized pieces, then place them in a microwave-safe bowl or mug.
- Top the apples with about 2 tbsps of diced butter. Don't worry if your bowl or mug is really full, because the apples will shrink quite a bit.
- Add the cinnamon and sugar (you can also do this after the apples are cooked). Also, feel free to use the sweetener of your choice (maple syrup, stevia, honey, agave nectar, etc.).
- Microwave for approximately 2 minutes. I have a very high powered microwave, so 1 1/2 minutes cooks them perfectly for me.
- Once cooked, stir and top with granola or vanilla ice cream. I hope you enjoy this quick and easy dessert!