Apple Pie (well sort of) in 2 minutes! Quick microwave apple crisp recipe is a super-fast dessert that will satisfy the sweet tooth. Especially on a fall afternoon!
- 1 large green apple
- 2 tbsps of butter
- cinnamon and sugar to taste (about 1 tbsp of sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon)
- granola or ice cream for topping (optional)
- Chop up a green apple into bite-sized pieces, then place them in a microwave-safe bowl or mug.
- Top the apples with about 2 tbsps of diced butter. Don’t worry if your bowl or mug is really full, because the apples will shrink quite a bit.
- Add the cinnamon and sugar (you can also do this after the apples are cooked). Also, feel free to use the sweetener of your choice (maple syrup, stevia, honey, agave nectar, etc.).
- Microwave for approximately 2 minutes. I have a very high-powered microwave, so 1 1/2 minutes cooks them perfectly for me.
- Once cooked, stir and top with granola or vanilla ice cream. I hope you enjoy this quick and easy dessert!
Careful when you first take this out of the microwave. It will be very hot because the butter was doing it’s magic with the apples and sugar. Give it a few minutes to cool off. Cooling off will also help the consistency of this yummy dessert to be thicker and richer with flavors.
Keywords: apple dessert, apple crispy, microwave apple dessert, microwave dessert, cinnamon apple microwave dessert