Last Updated on June 15, 2021
Healthy and Delicious Breakfast
Sometimes you just need a simple, quick and nutritious breakfast you can grab and go! Whip up a batch of these egg muffins and have a tasty breakfast or snack ready to go. They are both Paleo and Whole30 friendly!
Sausage Pizza Egg Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 lb. or pork sausage or turkey sausage
- 2 cloves or garlic minced
- dash of crushed red pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 9 eggs
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1-2 tsp coconut oil for cooking sausage (if needed) and for greasing muffin cups
- *feel free to add additional vegetables as you like (spinach, mushrooms, peppers)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees then grease a 12 cup muffin tin well with coconut oil to prevent sticking.
2.Brown sausage in medium to a large skillet over medium heat. Add crushed red pepper and garlic while sausage is browning.
3. Continue to cook and stir. Once the sausage is nearly browned, add the chopped sundried tomatoes and stir into mixture. Cook another minute and remove from heat.
4. In a very large bowl, whisk together the eggs, onion powder, Italian seasoning and salt. Then, add the sausage mixture to the eggs and combine.
5. Fill muffin cups ¾ of the way to the top. This should make 12!
6. Bake in preheated oven about 15 minutes or until the eggs are set up.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving. You can refrigerate them in a sealed container for up to 5 days.
Enjoy a few mornings with breakfast made ahead of time. Pop in the microwave to warm and you are set!
- 12 large eggs
- Approximately 2 cups of the mix-ins of your choice (cheese, ham, bacon, spinach, bell peppers, broccoli, zucchini, etc.)
- seasoning to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and generously grease a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, scramble and season your eggs.
- Chop, grate and prep your mix-ins and distribute them evenly into your muffin pan. I like to do it this way to ensure that each muffin has an equal amount. It also makes it easier to customize your muffins if, for instance, you're making half with bacon and half with-out.
- Scoop or pour the scrambled eggs evenly over top of your mix-ins until each one is nearly full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes. Every oven varies so check them at 15 minutes to make sure they're not over done.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days and enjoy through out the week! Simply reheat them in the microwave for about 20 seconds.