Last Updated on July 6, 2020
Quick snack mix recipe for when you are in a time crunch!
It’s late afternoon, you are getting ready to clock out and head home. All of a sudden your phone vibrates on the desk. It’s a text from your husband.
“Hey, I ran into Rob today. Hope it’s alright I invited their family over for dinner tonight.”
You sit frozen as a million questions run through your head.
O.M.G why didn’t he talk to me about this earlier?
What in the heck are we going to make for supper?
Didn’t he see I skipped washing dishes last night to watch American Idol?
He DOES know that Rob and his wife have 4 children, right?
Are there any paper plates in the house?
You inhale & exhale a big breath as you text your reply…
“👌 what time are they coming over?”
THAT! My friends; is what Marriage is all about. I am by far no marriage expert. But, when your husband informs you less than an hour before six guests enter your home for supper I can tell you from experience blowing up at him is not going to make your night go any smoother. So just roll with it best you can.
But, this post isn’t about the struggles of marriage! It’s about stirring up a party snack mix recipe to distract your guests. Meanwhile, you'll have time to load the dishwasher and call to order pizza.
When you need a quick party snack mix!
This sweet and salty party snack mix recipe is quick in a time crunch. Kids love it, plus your local convenience store has all the ingredients. So you'll be able to get home and mix it up before guests arrive.
(Enjoy this extra time you have not reading through 5 more steps on the instructions. You're Welcome.)
Oh. We are having company over? Let me just clean the whole house quick!
So, if you have unexpected guests, a Halloween party, or work potluck. Keep this snack mix recipe in your back pocket.
My best house cleaning is done 10 minutes before guests arrive at my house.
- Kettle Corn
- Cheez Its
- Add ingredients to a large bowl and mix. Um… yep that’s it 🙂
Tips and tricks for last-minute guests
- Keep all bathroom cleaning supplies in the bathroom cupboard. That way you can excuse yourself to use the bathroom. During which you wipe surfaces clean and check for a replaced toilet paper roll.
- Have paper plates on hand. For when the dishes aren’t done but you have a table of guests to feed.
- Prepare for these situations by stocking up the freezer. Frozen pizzas or frozen burger patties are great to keep on hand. If you aim to impress; you can add fresh toppings to make them look homemade.
- Delegate, ask your husband to pick up some beverages on his way home. Tell the kids to do a quick pick up in the living room. Tell Alexa to play some music.
- Ask your guests to help by bringing the desert or a side. Chances are, guest will offer to help. So be ready with an answer — Yes, please!