- About 5 pounds baby back ribs
- 2–3 cups bbq sauce
- seasoning to taste (optional)
- Mix your dry ingredients together (2 tbsp brown sugar, 2 tbsp paprika, 1 tbsp kosher salt, and 1/2 tbsp black pepper), and rub it on the meaty side of your baby back ribs. You can skip this step if you are opting for just bbq sauce.
- Place the ribs in your slow cooker with the meaty side of the ribs facing the inside wall. The rib rack should curve with the wall of the crockpot.
- Completely cover all sides of the ribs with 2-3 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Put the lid on and set your slow cooker on LOW for 6-8 hours. You will know they’re done when the meat starts falling off the bone.
- Optional: Once finished, broil ribs in the oven for about 5 minutes to further caramelize the BBQ sauce.
Change the dry rub seasoning to suit your taste. Steak seasoning or even just a little salt and pepper will still make some pretty tasty ribs.
Use the remaining BBQ sauce left over in your slow cooker for dipping, or just pour it right over the ribs once you transfer them to a plate (or baking dish if you’re planning on broiling them).
If the ribs are done before you’re ready to eat, wrap them in foil and let them sit in a 150 degree oven to stay warm.