- 3 large avocados (chopped into small chunks)
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes (chopped into small chunks)
- 4 ounces plain crumbled feta cheese
- 1 small bunch of fresh parsley (chopped fine)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp or more of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh onion or 1 tsp onion powder (optional)
- 1 bag tortilla chips for serving
- Except for the avocados, combine all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight, and then chop the avocados and gently stir them in just before serving.
I’ve also made this with cottage cheese in place of the feta, and YUM! It’s surprisingly good.
Feel free to use fresh garlic and any tomato of your choice. I like the cherry tomatoes because you get more skin and less of the juicy guts.
My family is not a raw onion fan, so I always omit them from recipes, but maybe you like them. If so, onions might be a nice addition.
Another way to change this recipe up would be to use Cilantro instead of parsley. Cilantro is typically used in salsas and guacamole so this would probably spice things up!