Serve Cowboy Caviar as a side dish or as an appetizer. It’s sweet and savory that is light and satisfying. This crowd pleasing dip and side dish are great for game day, a summer bbq, picnic, or potluck!
- 3–4 Roma tomatoes seeds removed
- 2 ripe avocados
- ⅓ cup red onion
- 15 oz black beans rinsed and drained
- 15 oz black-eyed peas rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cups frozen sweet corn thawed (I just usually toss it in the salad frozen unless I plan on eating it immediately, it thaws quickly)
- 1–2 jalapeno pepper seeds removed, diced into very small pieces
- ⅓ cup Cilantro finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper diced (I used 1 red, but the color doesn’t matter)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice fresh preferred
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- Tortilla chips for serving
Combine diced tomatoes, avocado, onion, black beans, black-eyed peas, corn, diced pepper, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro in a large bowl. Toss/stir well so that ingredients are well-combined.
In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, red wine vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Pour dressing over other ingredients and stir/toss very well.
Keep refrigerated. If not serving immediately, be sure to toss/stir well before serving.
Keywords: cowboy caviar, texas caviar, redneck caviar