- 6 Hard boiled eggs
- 2–3 tablespoons of Miracle whip
- ½ – ¾ teaspoon prepared Mustard (to taste)
- 1–2 teaspoons bread and butter pickle juice – or sweet pickle juice
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise.
- Then, carefully remove all egg yolks and leave egg whites face up on a plate or platter.
- In a separate bowl, use a fork to crumble and mash the egg yolks until it is a sand-like consistency.
- Then, stir in the Miracle Whip, mustard and pickle juice until it is smooth. When adding the liquid of the pickle juice – only add a little at a time so the filling doesn’t get too runny. Add more pickle juice if you think the filling is too thick.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- You have two options for filling the egg white half’s…. A. Use a tablespoon and place a dollop of the filling in each half. OR B. Use a zip lock to pipe the filling into the egg whites.
- To easily fill your zip lock sandwich bag with filling, use a glass as a holder for the bag.
- Then, scoop all of the filing in to the base of the zip lock bag squeezing out excess air before sealing.
- Simply, cut off the corner tip of the baggie and squeeze filling out evenly into the white egg cups.
- Finally, sprinkle the tops of the filled eggs with paprika. Other optional toppings are chives, dill, or parsley.
Taste test the filling at this point to see if you need to make any adjustments.
I prefer piping the filling in with a zip lock baggie because I have more control over the amount of filling for each egg; plus makes a fancier presentation.
Some recipes say you can crumble and mix all your ingredients right in the sandwich bag to save some dishes… but Mom doesn’t like that method because it’s harder to get the yolk crumbled well and you might end up with a lumpy filling or large chunks of yolk in your deviled egg filling.