Last Updated on June 11, 2020
3. Spider Cupcakes
These spooky cupcakes are a huge hit at Halloween parties! They’re also super easy to make, and if you don’t feel like baking you can simply buy chocolate cupcakes (or any flavor of cupcake you would like). Simply spread on a flat layer of chocolate frosting, generously sprinkle black sugar sprinkles on top, and use small red candies like Red Hots for the eyes (or pipe on red frosting if you’d prefer). Finish them off with black licorice lace for the legs. I told you they were easy! 🙂
4. Spooky Cookies
Are these ghost cookies awesome or what?! Although they look a little complicated, they are actually really simple to make. You can make everything from scratch, or just buy pre-made cookies and frosting like I do. You will just need large cookies (preferably chocolate), large marshmallows, white frosting, and a black icing pen. Let’s get started!
- Get your cookies ready (I use store-bought) by placing them on a large piece of parchment paper. This will get a little messy! I find that large, chocolate cookies work best because it makes the features of the “ghost” really stand out.
- Use store-bought vanilla frosting to glue a single large marshmallow onto the center of each cookie.
- Heat what’s left of the frosting in a bowl in the microwave for 30-45 seconds. It should be runny enough to run down the sides of the cookies.
- Use a spoon and pour the frosting over each marshmallow until it runs down the sides.
- Let them cool for about 10-15 minutes, and then use a black icing pen or melted chocolate to draw on the eyes and mouth for each marshmallow ghost.
5. Frankenstein Cups
Just fill a clear plastic cup full of green grapes! Easy, peasy. I found these cups with lids on Amazon (smaller than what’s shown in the picture), and then simply drew on a monster face with a permanent marker! You can use marshmallows for the eyes, or just draw them on. These plastic cups are also cute with green colored pudding (pistachio or vanilla pudding with green food dye), and crushed Oreos on top for the “hair”. They are perfect for school parties!